GUTU - A Grade 4 pupil at Mutombwa Primary School in Gutu who was tired of her friends asking her to give them a share of her lunch reported the issue to her mother who then gave her a bottle of toxic chemicals with instructions to poison anybody who asked her for a share of her lunch ever again.
Sources said the girl's classmates confronted her after noticing that she was carrying a bottle with a strange smelling liquid in her satchel.
The girl is said to have responded that the bottle contained some water guard which she used to purify her drinking water.
A report was made to the class teacher who took the matter up with the school head but upon realising that the case was becoming complicated, the pupil took the bottle to a Blair toilet where she emptied the contents and threw the bottle into the toilet.
She then left school to go home after being asked to bring her parents.
When the parents came, they reportedly denied any knowledge of the bottle but TellZim News saw a statement hand-written by the girl and stamped by the school head in which she confesses that her mother had given her the bottle.
"Ini (name withheld) ndakapiwa chibhodhoro namai musi weChitatu mangwanani vachinditi inda uno isira vanhu vanondikumbira mbuva ini ndakandambo vaudza kuti pane vanhu vanondikumbira mbuva musi weMugovera. Chaiva nezvinhu zvainhuhwa takatombochivhara na(name withheld) tichibva kumba…..
(I [name withheld] was given the bottle by my mother on Wednesday morning. She asked me to administer the contents on the food and give to pupils who asked me to share my lunch with them. I had told her the previous Saturday that some pupils were asking me to share my lunch with them. The bottle contained a foul-smelling liquid.)" reads part of the letter.
Staff at the school managed to retrieve the bottle from the toilet to identfy its contents but it was already soiled.
The headmaster referred the matter to Chin'ai Police Base where officers said they doubted the mental stability of the pupil.
Education officials in Gutu who were contacted for comment said they were still to receive a report on the issue.local