Top News

Local News

Business News

Politics

Education

Sport

Entertainment

» » » Madhekwana Clinic project takes shape


file pic

Jubilee Mahlamvana

10 April 2017, MBERENGWA
- After work had been halted due to financial constraints last year, the Madhekwana Clinic project in Ward 8, Mberengwa, is again taking shape following a fundraising programme launched by the ward councillor.
Speaking to TellZim News, Mataruse B1 Ward 8 Councilor Marline Ziwewera said he decided to fundraise after alternative plans to get money had failed.
"Mberengwa Rural District Council gave us some space at Vutsanana business centre to establish an exhibition centre where businesses and individuals were welcomed to exhibit their products on the 26th day of every month at a very low cost of US$2.00 per exhibitor. We would then take the money to the local authority which took 40 percent of the money and gave us the remaining 60 percent," said Ziwewera.
 "I am happy with the reception that the initiative has received and I'm pretty sure that the project is going to be successful," Ziwewera added.
Being his own brainchild, Ziwewera said he wanted the project to help his people to get healthcare closer home and reduce transport costs of going to other clinics and to Mnene Mission Hospital.
He said the project still needs more money for the construction of two staff houses.
"We still need a little help so that we can build two houses for the nurses who will be deployed at the clinic," Ziwewera said.heath

About Web Master

TellZim News; Keeping it Real...Committed to Tell Zimbabwe. No 39/40 Hellet Street, Masvingo. Call us on +263 39 262 401 email us on: editor@tell.co.zw
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Leave a Reply