Stand no. 8633 Warth Road SG Captain F. Gono 0715957215
Tshovani Chiredzi President G Katerere 0772740828/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 0716524909
DATE : 19 SEPTEMBER 2019
FROM : ZSMIWU SECRETARY GENERAL – SAPPER FASTER GONO
REF : NOTICE OF A ZSMIWU SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING TO ELECT ZSMIWU MEMBERS TO FILL IN ZSMIWU NATIONAL EXECUTIVE GAPE POSTS THAT AROSE FROM THE OUTCOME OF MASVINGO HIGH COURT ORDER NO HC459/18 OF 28 AUGUST 2019.
A. ZSMIWU Constitution Section 9.1
B. ZSMIWU Constitution Section 10.4
C. ZSMIWU Constitution Section 11
D.Masvingo High Court Order No. HC 459/18 of 28 August 2019
1. Interms of above References, ZSMIWU is going to contact elections to fill the vacancies arose from the outcome of Reference ‘D’ above.
2. A Special Annual General Meeting to elect members who will fill the 3 vacancies arose after the disqualifications of the dismissed 3 executives who led the workers on Collective Job Action of November and December 2015 and also another vacant arose on the resignation of Ms L. Chirhilele from her THZ employment.
3. The ZSMIWU branch officials sat on 15 September 2019 and agreed that since they were first responded they were to respect the Masvingo judgment of 28 August 2019 that instructed the first responded to hold elections within 60 days from 28 August 2019 the day of Masvingo High Court promulgated its ruling. So it was unanimously agreed that elections be held on Sunday 6 October 2019.
4. Names of ZSMIWU members who wish to contest and fill the vacancies are requested to be submitted to the ZSMIWU Secretary General in terms of above references not later than 01 October 2019.
4. Standard Nomination Forms are collected from the Union office and to be addressed to Sapper Faster Gono, The ZSMIWU Secretary General on return.
5. THZ is requested to co operate by any assistance they could offer to make this election a success.
6. The elections will be conducted in terms of the ZSMIWU constitution as per the Labour Act Provides.
7. Ministry of Labour is invited to come as Special Invited Observer.
8. All willing National Press news reporters are free to witness the event. Also any willing members to come and observe these elections are free to come and observe without interfering with the process.
9. Wish all our ZSMIWU members to accept and to be guided by the outcome of the Masvingo High Court Order dated 28 August 2019 and ZSMIWU Constitution.
10. Thank you
cc: Ministry Of Labour (Chiredzi) ................................
THZ. Industrial Relations Managers. Sapper Faster Gono
Ministry of Labour Permanent Secretary (Attn:S. Masanga) Secretary General
Acting Director of Labour. (Attn Mr Ngorima)
Assistant Registrar Assigned to Sugar NEC Industry (Attn: Mr. Mudzengi)
NEC Secretary General and Chairman (Attn: Mr. Muparutsa and Mr. Mabika)
B. Zvanyanya and 9 others.